Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
About Us - Management Bios
Dr. Patrick J. DeSouza
Patrick DeSouza is the President and CEO of PlainSight and Chairman of American Leak Detection. He has 18 years of operating and advisory leadership experience with both public and private companies in the defense, software/Internet and petrochemical industries. Over the course of his career, Pat has been involved in several billion dollars of corporate finance and mergers and acquisition transactions with leading companies such as Cisneros Media Group and AOL. Pat also has significant experience in licensing and technology transfer with leading companies such as Bristol Myers, Dupont and Kerr-McGee.
Pat is a member of the New York and California bars and former law clerk to the Hon. Thomas Gibbs Gee of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He is a graduate of Columbia College, the Yale Law School where he was both a senior editor of the Yale Law Journal & editor-in-chief of the Yale Journal of International Law and Stanford University where he has a doctorate in international relations writing about foreign investment in the United States.
Pamela Vigue is the Chief Financial Officer for American Leak Detection. With over 25 years of experience in the accounting field, Pamela joined American Leak in 1998. Prior to ALD, Pamela worked for 14 years in the retail industry as controller and business manager. She spent six years in city and county governmental accounting as well as seven years as the controller for Dobbs TV & Appliance chain of stores, handling all finance and accounting functions.
Pamela received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from California State University, San Bernardino.
Judy Howard is Director of Franchise Relations. Judy joined American Leak Detection in April 1997 as Executive Assistant to the President and CEO. Prior to ALD, she worked in the insurance industry and as a legal secretary.
During her tenure with ALD Judy has held many positions including Franchise Sales Assistant, and Franchise Sales Coordinator. In July 2008 she was named Director of Franchise Relations.
Judy’s relationships with and support of the ALD Franchise Team Members make her uniquely qualified for this position. Her many years of working with the ALD Management Team has been Judy’s training ground leading to her current position as Director of Franchise Relations.
Jimmy Carter is the Sr. Director of Corporate Field Services for American Leak Detection. Jimmy has 25 years of experience in leak detection and repair. Jimmy began his career working for two years at American Plumbing and Heating before moving to American Leak. Since then he's spent over 20 years in the American Leak Detection system. Jimmy started out as a technician in the San Diego franchise office before he was hired at the ALD corporate office as a technician and a trainer for new franchisee sales - domestic and international. He has since managed the warehouse operations and also the Palm Springs leak detection office. In addition to running the Palm Springs office, Jimmy has also been responsible for the Bakersfield office (until it was sold) and currently manages the San Bernardino office as well as managing the corporate training division. Jimmy has grown the Palm Springs office into a six truck operation and continues to improve the San Bernardino office, now with three trucks running.
Jimmy has received his C-36 plumbing license and is certified in Infrared Thermagraphy, PADI open water diving, Leak Correlation, Airborne Ultrasonic’s, and several other technology applications.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water