- Request Service
- Fixing Leaks Saves Water and MoneyThe arrival of spring brings an increase in outdoor activity — including yard chores, deck and...
- Local Entrepreneurs Receives Top Producer Region 3 for 2008 and 2009 Award at American Leak Detection ConferenceSan Rafael, CA (Grassroots Newswire) April 14, 2010 – Sean and Christian Macaulay, owners of A...
- American Leak Detection Franchisees Honored for Excellence by International Franchise AssociationFranchisee of the Year Award presented to Sean and Christian Macaulay San Rafael, CA (Grassroots New...
Residential Leak Detection and Repair Serving the North and South Bay
- Swimming pool leak detection and repair
- Full plumbing repairs
- Plumbing and irrigation leak detection
- Water intrusion investigation and reporting
Welcome to American Leak Detection, the "Original Leak Specialists." Since 1974, we have detected nearly 5 million leaks, saving homes and business owners billions of dollars in costly repairs.
American Leak Detection offers a non-invasive way to test and locate leaks on the potable hot and cold water systems through out the house. Our detections include a thoroughly check of the water system, identification of the origin of the leak, multiple estimates for the repair and a solid guarantee with our services.
Accurate leak detection requires a combination of two things:
- Specially trained experts: Our technicians have completed the industry's most extensive training program and are highly skilled to accurately locate the most difficult leaks, without destruction.
- Quality equipment: American Leak Detection has taken its job a step further by implementing its own proprietary methods and technology to ensure the most non-invasive leak detection possible.
Five reason you can depend on American Leak Detection:
- Non-invasive: Our slogan says it best "Leak Detection Without Destruction." We are the World leader in the accurate, non-destructive detection of all types of leaks including hidden water and sewer leaks.
- Experience and Resources: We're the Original Leak Specialist with more than 35 years of experience, state-of-the-art equipment, and ongoing research and development for new leak detection technology and techniques.
- Save Money: Our non-invasive methods assure a timely and economical outcome and ensure that damage to property is eliminated or reduced.
- Upfront Pricing: We find our customer prefer and accurate price based on us accurately inspecting the situation and making recommendations. Many service companies will quote any price over the phone because they know people may be shopping for the lowest price. Therefore, many phone quotes are inaccurate and change after a technician sees the job. We feel this method is Not Fair to customers. After speaking with our office, you will know up-front what your cost will be to detect the leak.
- Licensed-Insured: Have peace of mind knowing that we have been thoroughly checked and are licensed and insured.
WE OFFER A 2 YEAR GUARANTEE WITH ALL REPAIRS
- ePIPE: We provide a new, non-invasive solution for leaking pipe repair. An epoxy coating is used to line your leaking pipes and cured for a long lasting, non-invasive pipe repair.
- FLIR Thermal Camera (Rain Related Leaks): If you are experiencing water intrusion issues, infrared can help locate the entry and identify damage before it becomes visible to normal vision.
- Leak Vue: The newest technology breakthrough, Leak Vue verifies pool/spa water loss or gain in as little as 20 minutes. This cuts the 24 hour bucket test down to 20 minutes.
- Aqua Pex piping: Aquapex tubing, which is cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubing for hot and cold potable water service and distribution.
Check our Reviews on Angie's List
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water