Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
Call to request service
To answer your questions or comments, American Leak Detection only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide us with. We do not sell or share this information with any third parties outside of the ALD system.
Field Technician Opportunities
Current positions are available in the following areas:
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Tulsa, OK
- Western Kansas
- Kansas City, MO
- St. Louis, MO
- Springfield, MO
- Dayton and Cincinnati, OH
- New York
- East Central, FL
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
- Houston, TX
Provide leak detection and line locating services to clients. Looking for a mechanically oriented and highly motivated person to perform electronic leak detections and plumbing related repairs. Must be able to use mechanical tools, have excellent driving record, good writing and communication skills, with a minimum of a high school education.
- Work outdoors.
- Utilize your interest in mechanics and electronics.
- Great earning potential.
- Most locations offer benefits.
- Going to commercial and residential locations to perform leak detection, and may perform repair work.
- Leak detection on underground piping systems inside and outside buildings, as well as in swimming pools and spas.
- Locating of leaks on sewer systems.
- Various forms of electronic leak detection equipment are used on the job.
- Advance training includes scuba certification, and mastering underground line tracking, video, ultrasonic, infrared and video technologies.
- Valid driver's license
- Good DMV report
- Must be able to swim
- Must be capable of moving or lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Mechanical and electronics background is helpful, and experience using power tools.
- Ability to work independently
- Neat professional appearance
- Good writing & verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Familiarity with leak detection or plumbing, and experience in pool and slab work helpful, but not mandatory
Relevant Work Experience: 1+ to 2 years
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Salary/Wage: Competitive salary, negotiable with experience
If you would like to join the team at American Leak Detection, submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the left.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water