Residential Leak Detection and Repair
Swimming pool leak detection services
- Swimming pool structure test - We test your pool’s structure for leaking with a visual inspection by diving the pool.
- Swimming pool plumbing test - We isolate your plumbing system and test for pressure drops in each line to verify that each pipe is leak free.
Swimming pool leak detection checklist
- Before having a leak detection performed, verify your rate of water loss. Use the bucket test and the water loss calculator to determine your rate of water loss.
- Before the leak specialist arrives to perform the leak detection, your pool should be clean and clear, at the normal full level. Cloudy water is a sign of bacterial infestation and the pool should not be entered by anyone.
- Information needed to give an accurate swimming pool leak detection quote:
- How many pumps and skimmers does the pool have?
- Is a spa or water feature attached?
- What are the construction materials? Gunite, vinyl, fiberglass, pebbletech, or above-ground?
- What is your pool's chemical system? Chlorine or salt-water system?
- Is there an auto-fill system?
- Is there an automatic cleaning system? If so, what kind?
- How many light fixtures are in the pool or spa?
Swimming pool repair services
Concrete/gunite, vinyl, and fiberglass are the three main types of in-ground swimming pool materials. Each is vulnerable to different forms of leaks and requires various methods to repair.
Swimming pool plumbing repairs
Leaks found in the pool's plumbing lines and are most often due to corrosion or ground movement. Our experienced professionals routinely find and repair leaks in the pool's plumbing system.
Potable water line leak detection and repair services
Leaks are accurately located in a non-invasive fashion to reduce your remedial costs of repair.
- Service line - leaks typically occur between the meter and the home.
- Hot and cold water lines - if you have a hot spot on your floor, you may have a hot water line leak.
- Repair options - after a potable water line leak has been located, we will provide you options for repairs. An estimate will be provided.
Cause and origin investigation of "mystery" leaks
Do you have water intrusion on your property, but can't find the source of the water?
We will investigate and report to you the source and origin of the "mystery" leak.
City of Durham
General Services Department
Project Management Division
Thank you again for the excellent work at the I.R. Holmes Recreation Center here in Durham. The pool had been leaking for over 10 years. After several failed attempts in the past by other companies, American Leak Detection came to the site, developed and executed a plan, and repaired the leak. You have made a lot of people very happy. Your staff was professional, courteous and on schedule. You were always willing to accommodate changes that came up and discuss alternate solutions in order to provide the best possible outcome.
One comment I cannot stress enough is that I never had to ask you to come back to correct your work. That is rare these days and made my life much easier. Also worthy of note is the condition in which you left the facility, especially considering the amount of excavation necessary and the fact that the building was occupied part of the time. There were no complaints from the recreation staff during the entire process.
We will definitely keep you in mind for future projects.
Construction Project Manager
General Services Department