A leak of propane gas in a Prunedale, California, home recently resulted in a hospital trip for two members of the household.
According to a report in The Californian, the leak occurred inside the home on Thursday, July 28, around 10:40 a.m.
"The propane gas explosion ignited from an unknown emission source blew out the windows and knocked out the home's walls," North County Fire Protection district chief Humberto Arista told the news source. "A neighbor felt the concussion of the explosion. That's how powerful it was."
Crews immediately responded to the call and have been working on the site ever since. The condition of the two injured in the event is unknown.
Pieces of the home's walls were blown nearly a foot from the property, while shattered glass was found as far as 60 feet away. A subsequent fire was ignited because of the explosion as well.
In all, the property loss totaled close to $100,000, while damages to belongings inside the home were $5,000.
Arista advised anyone that detected a propane or natural gas leak to immediately evacuate the structure and call 911. Making sure that propane tank valves are shut is also highly important, he relayed.