According to a report from KING 5 News and The Associated Press, a natural gas leak is the cause of a recent explosion and fire that sent two people to the hospital.
The report relays that the explosion occurred around 6 a.m. on Monday, September 26, and sent debris flying across an entire block. The explosion was so powerful that the windows of several nearby homes were shattered.
"It felt like maybe it was an earthquake or something," one local residents told the news sources.
Another citizen, who lives 20 blocks away from the home, told the sources that the blast shook his entire building.
One neighbor of the affected home claimed he smelled gas after going to help the injured couple. Both residents are in their 50s and were severely injured in the explosion. They were both taken to the Harborview Medical Center. According to reports, one member has been upgraded to satisfactory condition.
Members of the Seattle Fire Department have since confirmed that a natural gas leak had taken place inside the home and the explosion was ignited when someone flipped on an electrical switch.