- Request Service
- American Leak Detection Team Members Receive Accolades During Annual ConventionHundreds of individual American Leak Detection owners gathered from across the globe in November for...
- ?Water Hogs? are identified through public recordsImagine you are sitting at your kitchen table sporting your bathrobe and fuzzy slippers while sippin...
- American Leak Detection locates massive Roseburg leak, city may rehire for future analysisAmerican Leak Detection technician Dan Schaffner spent three days diligently surveying 20 miles of p...
Residential Leak Detection Services
American Leak Detection of Oregon offers various leak detection services to our residential customers. We utilize non-invasive proprietary technology without digging up the place.
We use electronic and sonic listening equipment to accurately locate leaks even under concrete and asphalt. In addition we induce helium, an inert gas into the lines. We then use an analyzer in order to determine where the helium is escaping to verify where the leak is coming from. Once we find it, we flag it for repair or replacement.
It takes a blending of expert specialists and quality equipment to detect hidden leaks. With our extensive training programs and state-of-the-art equipment we have saved homeowners billions of gallons of water. By utilizing our methods, not only are we saving water, but saving homeowners millions of dollars in costly property damage and destruction as well.
While it is true that leaks are more common in older properties, newer properties can have problems too. Poor construction and corrosion and in many cases, ground movement can cause unexpected pipe damage at any time. If undetected, the problem threatens property and makes repairs more costly.
The mission of American Leak Detection is to find leaks in a manner that is non-invasive, efficient and environmentally sound.
We will give prompt, professional and courteous service to all customers, while providing the best leak detection services in the world.
We understand here at American Leak Detection that your home is probably your biggest investment. Also plumbing leaks are usually not expected so you are sometimes put in a uncomfortable, vulnerable, unexpected situation. Because of this we always send out courteous, knowledgeable and professional technicians that will respect your house while we are on your property. We go as far as wearing protective booties on our boots, lay down tarps, paper and plastic so we do not damage your property, to keep our work area as clean as possible.
- Arrive when scheduled
- Respect you & your property
- Clean before leaving premises
- Leak Detection
- Pool Leak Detection
- Slab Leak Detection
- Water Leak Detection
- Plumbing Leak Detection
- Residential Leak Detection
- Infrared Leak Detection
- Radiant Floor Leak Detection
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water