Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
Call to request service
- Request Service
American Leak Detection’s Partners
American Leak Detection supports organizations that address environmental, health and social issues.
ACE DuraFlo Systems, LLC was formed in the 1990’s with the vision of developing and commercializing a proven and permanent solution to pipe corrosion. Truly an alternative to repiping, the ACE DuraFlo system provides “in-place” pipe restoration technology that limits destruction to walls, floors, ceilings and foundations.
FLIR Systems is a world leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of thermal imaging and stabilized camera systems for a wide variety of thermography and imaging applications including condition monitoring, research and development, manufacturing process control, airborne observation and broadcast, search and rescue, drug interdiction, surveillance and reconnaissance, navigation safety, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring and land-based security.
Leslie's Pool Supply
"The World's Largest Retailer of Swimming Pool Supplies’ with over 500 retail stores in 35 states across America, plus the availability of Commercial Sales, Mail Order and Internet shopping, Leslie's offers every customer the ultimate experience. Leslie's also offer professional on-site equipment installation and repair services in most areas.
TRIC® Tools, Inc. is a pioneer in developing tools to replace pipes in your yard with minimal digging (trenchless pipe replacement). It’s an infrastructure and environmental technology company that designs, produces and sells proprietary tools and systems for the "non-invasive" rehabilitation and replacement of sewer, water, gas and other difficult to access underground pipes.
UTEK® is a specialty finance company focused on technology transfer. UTEK’s services enable companies to acquire innovative technologies from universities and research laboratories worldwide. UTEK facilitates the identification and acquisition of external technologies for clients in exchange for their equity securities.
Water Environment Federation
The Water Environment Federation is the not for profit association that has provided technical education and training for the world's water quality professionals since 1928. The Federation has 36,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations who support its mission to preserve and enhance the global water environment. We are the Water Quality People.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water