Call to request service
- Request Service
To answer your questions or comments, American Leak Detection only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide us with. We do not sell or share this information with any third parties outside of the ALD system.
The Original Leak Specialists
Managing and maintaining commercial or multi-unit properties is serious business. We understand the challenges of property managers and facilities engineers. Leaks can cause thousands of dollars of damage, and require skilled, professional attention.
While it is true that leaks are more common in older properties, newer properties have problems too. Poor construction, soil conditions, severe climates, and in many cases, ground movement can cause unexpected pipe damage at any time.
With proper equipment, leaks can be found and repaired with minimal disruption to your property and tenants. Our use of high-tech and proprietary equipment ensures accuracy of locating a hidden leak.
Using laser technology with our patented LeakVue™, we can measure even minute amounts of water loss in a pool or spa within 15 minutes. The laser sends data wirelessly to a PDA that provides graphical reports and indicates the amount of water loss.
Experience & Expertise
It is equally important the technician be highly skilled and well-trained. No equipment is able to locate leaks independent of the operator. The leak detection process takes a combination of technology, training, and experience. The technician should have certification from a comprehensive training course. By calling a professional leak detection service, building owners can ensure the integrity of their property value as well as saving thousands of dollars, if only by eliminating the restoration costs created by unskilled methods.
Whether the leak is concealed by drywall, concrete, wood, tile floor, or pool decking, the process cannot include hit-and-miss search methods. Breaking into a slab or pool deck, without positive confirmation of a leak location, is unacceptable. Don’t let anyone dismantle your property, just to search for leaks. Hire American Leak Detection, the experts in leak detection without destruction.
Preserve the value of your property, call the Original Leak Specialists today.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water