Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
Customer Testimonials and Case Studies
Claims adjusters plan and schedule the work required to process a claim in regards to household damage. There are many different service providers offering different products. Which one does a claims adjuster choose?
American Leak Detection.
"I’ve worked with American Leak Detection for 10 years. They provide good service and I trust them over regular expensive plumbers! American Leak Detection is consistent and reliable. I work lots of territories and counties, and I know with ALD, I’ll get a good product."
-Jim Kilmartin, Prudential Claims Adjuster
The garage was flooded one morning. Following the suggestion of a handyman, American Leak Detection was called in to help!
A complete electronic leak detection was performed on the hot and cold plumbing system. The technician found two hidden leaks on the hot side of the pressurized system that runs to the bathtub. To fix the leak, the line was capped off and rerouted in copper tubing to restore hot water to the rest of the house eliminating the leak.
"I lost my husband one year ago and am handling things I’m not accustomed to. I sent two glowing letters to compliment my specialist. American Leak Detection was superb, excellent and handled everything in a most efficient manner."
-Lynne Stuart, Homeowner
Pool builders receive constant calls about pool leaks. The most common problem is a hidden pool leak that needs an assessment by a professional.
American Leak Detection.
"We don’t find leaks, American Leak Detection does. There’s an enormous amount of phone calls about leaks and we’re not the experts. We’ve always been successful with ALD because they always find the leak! They’re pleasant and their charges are fair. We’ve used them for so long, we go way back to when there was only one technician!"
-Dick Leimkuhler, Pool Builder, Mirage Water Features
Water was found near the water heater in the garage, yet there was no indication as to the source of the water.
An electronic leak inspection revealed a leak on a 1/2" copper line at the recirculation pump next to the water heater in the garage. The hidden leak was a pinhole in the copper pipe. To repair the leak, the water heater was drained and the recirculation pump, along with a small piece of copper pipe, were removed and replaced.
"This was the best customer service I've ever had. The American Leak Detection specialist was concerned about my safety! I would recommend them to anyone who has a [water] problem in the household. The quality of the work was unsurpassed!"
-Brenda Tucker, Homeowner
Water was first spotted in the laundry room, on the floor and on the walls, but the source was not identifiable.
The American Leak Detection specialist performed a complete electronic leak detection on the domestic hot and cold plumbing system. The hidden leak was found on the hot side of the system located near the manifold, under the staircase.
To fix the leak, a small piece of drywall was cut out next to the air conditioner return vent to access a small area under the staircase. Concrete had to be jack hammered out around the manifold, revealing a ninety degree fitting that was not connected to the pipe and filled with concrete. The concrete was acting like a plug so this was removed and replaced.
"My leak specialist was professional, efficient, honest, trustworthy... an asset to the company [American Leak Detection] and I was happy we didn’t have to tear up the wall and the floor just to find the leak."
-Paul Adair, Homeowner
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water