- Request Service
- We Can Now Make the Invisible- VisibleAmerican Leak Detection announces our latest detection method- The Odor Control System. Finding sewe...
- ?Water Hogs? are identified through public recordsImagine you are sitting at your kitchen table sporting your bathrobe and fuzzy slippers while sippin...
- American Leak Detection in Hillsborough has joined a brand new BNI group.Have you been looking for a way to increase your business? There is no better way than word-of-mout...
We work with homeowners, business owners, property managers, and insurance adjusters alike in order to locate hidden plumbing leaks and determine the source and origin of mystery water damage. We have the highest tech, state of the art, leak detection equipment available in order to do so. Our technicians utilize very sensitive electronic listening devices and infrared camera thermal imaging as part of their tool box. What is more important than the equipment is the experience and skill of our leak specialists, which is unparalleled! The fact that we focus solely on leak detection, leaving the repairs to the plumbing professionals, means that we can truly perfect the art of finding leaks!
How to tell if you need leak detection:
1. Can you hear water running when no water fixtures are currently on?
2. Has your water bill recently sky rocketed or been gradually getting higher over a few cycles for no explainable reason?
3. Have you noticed any wet areas on the floors, walls, or ceilings or seen any signs of mold or mildew?
4. Have you felt any unusually warm, isolated areas on your floors?
5. Has your gas or electric bill increased for no obvious reason?
6. Have you come across an overly saturated, wet, or mushy spot in your yard that does not seem to go away?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may have a leak! There are some investigative measures you can take on your own. Check for running toilets, leaking hose bibs under your sinks, and dripping faucets or shower heads for any obvious culprits.
If there are no visible leaks in the areas mentioned, then the possibility that you have a hidden pipe leak is very high. You could have a leak causing unnecessary damage to your home that will only get worse if left unchecked. Leaks can be hidden in the yard, under the foundation of the home, or in the wall. Just because you cannot see it does not mean that it isn't causing significant damage and destruction to your property.
Call us first and we will locate the source of your leak so you can have it repaired and once again, rest easy!
Plumbing Leak Detection Services
Locate Hidden Plumbing Leaks Inside and Outside the Home
Identify Rain Water Intrusion Entry Points
Determine the Source and Origin of Mystery Water Damage
Test for Shower Pan Leaks
Find Leaks in Air Conditioners, Dishwashers, and Refrigerators
Smoker Test for Sewer Odors
American Leak Detection will use its best efforts to accurately detect the location of the leak. In the event that American Leak Detection fails to accurately locate a leak on its first attempt, American Leak Detection will either retest for the leak or refund the customer’s money, at American Leak Detection’s option. This must be proven within five working days of the original detection. American Leak Detection is not liable for any damages or costs arising from inaccurate location in excess of the fee paid.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water