Call to request service
- Request Service
To answer your questions or comments, American Leak Detection only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide us with. We do not sell or share this information with any third parties outside of the ALD system.
Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
The Original Leak Specialists since 1974
When you need accurate leak detection, leave it to the experts
American Leak Detection's expert technicians use non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate leaks to save water, money and avoid unnecessary property damage. We are the world leader in the accurate, non-destructive detection of all leaks including hidden water, sewer and gas leaks.
Technicians can determine the location of a leak by electronically locating the damaged source. Even the smallest leak or pipe defect can be located accurately. This is a distinct contrast to conventional trial-and-error methods of leak detection. The end result means leaks can be found and repaired with minimal disruption to property.
Our slogan says it best, "Leak Detection Without Destruction."
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water