Call to request service
- Request Service
To answer your questions or comments, American Leak Detection only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide us with. We do not sell or share this information with any third parties outside of the ALD system.
Pipeline Video Inspection
If you or your property is experiencing any of the following symptoms, your property may require a pipeline video inspection to determine the appropriate solution.
Sewer Lateral Symptoms
- Foul sewer odor - Sewer odor is usually blocked by water in the drain traps or by vents that only allow airflow in one direction (out of the building). If water in the drain traps evaporates, such as in an unused sink or bath, the sewer odors are free to rise up the drain into the building. If a vent pipe is not joined properly, or is damaged, the outdoor air pressure could force sewer odors into your property.
- Backed-up sewer line - Sewer lines back up due to blockages. Blockages could include root intrusion, debris, grease build-up, or crushed pipe.
- Overgrown patch of grass in yard - If your sewer lateral is faulty, it could be leaking water and waste into your yard. As the soil absorbs the additional moisture and "nutrients", the growth of the surrounding area could significantly stand out in color and growth rate.
Video inspection in pipelines can help to identify the following issues
- Cracked sewer lateral
- Bellied drain line
- Separated lateral joint
- Debris blockage
- Root intrusion
- Leaking pipe joints
- Deteriorated piping materials
If your system is showing signs of damage, have your system inspected by an Original Leak Specialist.
Our video inspection reveals which issue is the cause of sewer and drain symptoms. The depth and exact location of the issue can be identified to keep your repair costs down.
Once your sewer or drain line inspection is completed, your specialist will provide remedial options.
Call the number at the top of the page, or fill out the service request form to contact the specialist near you.
- Arrive when scheduled
- Respect you & your property
- Clean before leaving premises
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water