Call to request service
- Request Service
To answer your questions or comments, American Leak Detection only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide us with. We do not sell or share this information with any third parties outside of the ALD system.
Swimming Pool and Spa Leak Detection
American Leak Detection is the world leader in finding swimming pool and spa leaks. With our newest technology breakthrough, LeakVue™, American Leak Detection can accurately verify the rate and volume of water loss over a 24-hour period in as little as 15 minutes.
Now, depending on the region and climate in which you live, it may not be uncommon for your pool water level to vary from day to day. Environmental factors such as humidity, wind, and air as well as water temperature can have an effect, causing you to lose up to ¼ inch of water a day or about 2 inches per week.
You may have a leak if:
- Pool has air in the system
- Equipment loses prime
- You see cracks
- Pool deck is sinking or lifting
- There are soggy spots around the pool
- You add water more than once a week
- Pool loses more than regular evaporation
Test your pool for a leak with the Bucket Test.
Preparing your pool for a professional leak detection
Clean Not Green
In most cases, it is recommended to have the pool vacuumed spotless prior to your detection. Leaks as large as 1" in diameter have been missed until the dirt covering the leak was vacuumed or brushed away. Make sure the water is clean and not green. If it is green, the water could contain molds, fungus, larvae, and other contaminants that could make you sick, besides making it almost impossible to test.
Have the following information ready when you call to schedule your professional pool leak detection
- Is it a pool only or does it also have a spa?
- Is the pool equipment above or below ground?
- How many pumps?
- Is the pool constructed of fiberglass, gunite, marcite, or vinyl?
- How many skimmers?
- Does it leak more with the filter on or with it off?
- How much water does it lose over a 24-hour period?
Use the bucket test.
- Arrive when scheduled
- Respect you & your property
- Clean before leaving premises
Contact us today.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water