Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
As Seen On TV
San Bruno Fires on CBS2
Jimmy Carter of American Leak Detection comments on San Bruno Fires, and the risks of leaking gas lines.
American Leak Detection on CBS2 KPSP Palm Springs.
Jimmy Carter of American Leak Detection discusses the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
American Leak Detection on Designing Spaces
Kris Carter and Brian West of American Leak Detection provide homeowners information about professional leak detection services including hidden plumbing leaks and swimming pool leaks. Brian West demonstrates acoustic leak detection, infrared thermography, the bucket test and the LeakVue. The LeakVue aids the leak detection specialist in determining the rate of fluid loss or gain from a body of water in as little as fifteen minutes.
American Leak Detection on HGTV's House Detective
Home inspector Steve Ramos is called in to help find the source of an $800 water bill. After performing a meter test Steve calls in Sean Macaulay of American Leak Detection to find the source of the problem.
American Leak Detection on KZSW TV in Temecula, California.
American Leak Detection on KMIR Channel 6 News
Jim Carter of American Leak Detection highlights the precautions to be taken after an earthquake to prevent further damage to property.
Jim suggests installing automatic shut-off valves for your water and gas lines.
Contact Jim at 760.320.8273 to find out if your home needs automatic shut-off valves.
American Leak Detection on ABC 7 Eyewitness News, Los Angeles
Rick Ramero of ABC 7 Eyewitness News investigates the trenchless pipe replacement service performed by Chris Graham of American Leak Detection in Los Angeles. Trenchless pipe replacement is in line with American Leak Detection's mission for non-destructive solutions for building infrastructure.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water