Leaks Found Since 1974
American Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
American Leak Detection is an unrivaled franchise business which has grown to become the world leader in the accurate detection of hidden water, sewer and gas leaks. Proprietary methods and state of the art technology have revolutionized the exploration and discovery of leaks. With advanced methodologies and equipment, ALD franchisees are capable of determining the exact location of hidden leaks. From swimming pool cracks to underground plumbing systems and sewer lines, the sensitive electronic tools will identify the trouble location. Each technician has completed the industry's most extensive training program and is skilled to accurately locate the most difficult leaks, without destruction to property.
- Established in1974
- Headquartered in Palm Springs, California
- President/CEO Patrick DeSouza
- Slogan, "Leak Detection Without Destruction"
- 351 franchise units in the United States
- 14 international franchises in 7 countries
- More than 6 million leaks discovered
- Technicians service over 110,000 municipalities, businesses and residences annually
- Corporate-owned locations in Palm Springs, San Bernardino, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston and New Haven, CT.
- Ranked in Top 25 Performing Franchise Systems by The Wall Street Journal
- Named No. 88 in Entrepreneur Magazine's "America's Top Global Franchises"
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water