Call to request service
- Request Service
Let our experts find your slab leak
Slab leak symptoms
- The sound of running water when all water is turned off
- A hot spot on the floor could indicate a hot water line leak
- Cracks in walls or floors, it could be damage from a slab leak
- Mildew or excessive moisture under carpets could indicate your slab is cracked and the pipes are leaking water
- High water bills could also indicate a slab leak. Although a high water bill could indicate a water leak behind the wall, or in your pool, plumbing under the slab is also suspect
How much water are you losing?
The meter test is an easy way to determine if your plumbing system is leaking.
Finding your slab leak
Breaking into a slab or pool deck, without positive confirmation of a leak location, is unacceptable. Don't let anyone dismantle your property just to search for leaks. Finding a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise.
Locating leaks non-destructively requires the use of modern tools such as electronic amplification equipment and electromagnetic pipeline locators. With the proper equipment, leaks can be found and repaired with minimal disruption to property. In many cases, only a single floor tile needs to be removed and replaced.
American Leak Detection's highly trained technicians use our own non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate the leak to save time, money and avoid unnecessary property damage.
Slab leak repair options
Once the leak has been located under the slab, our leak specialist will provide repair options.
Slab leak repair options may include:
- Spot repair: open up the slab at the spot of the leak and repair leaking pipe. This option is cost effective for newer construction.
- Repipe or Reroute: replace the entire line that was leaking. This is most effective for older plumbing systems that have a history of leaking.
- In-place pipe coating: If the plumbing system has a series of small leaks that would be cost prohibitive or too inconvenient to dig up the slab, the in-place epoxy pipe coating is the best option.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- frequently asked questions
- How should I choose a leak detection specialist? Get answers
- leak facts
- A 1/8 inch hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 2,500 gallons of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- pool safety tips
- Each year, about 260 children under 5 drown in swimming pools. The preventive measures below are essential to protect your family against drowning. Keep your pool safe
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water