Pool Leak Detection & Repair Services in New York City
Reliable Pool Leak Detectors Near You
Homeowners spend an average of $2,000-$3,000 on pool maintenance every year. Unfortunately, pool leaks are a common occurrence that only adds to those expenses. At American Leak Detection of New York, we are experts in pool leak detection. Our specialists can thoroughly inspect for leaks in your pool, spa, artificial pond, or fountain for an affordable price.
Sometimes, it can be difficult to differentiate whether water loss is the consequence of natural evaporation due to hot or humid weather or the byproduct of an undetected pool leak. We suggest taking a proactive stance if there is any uncertainty; hire a professional pool leak detector in New York before it’s too late! Our specialists are just a phone call away.
Suspect that your pool, spa, or fountain is leaking? Call (917) 746-2159 for an on-site evaluation.
What are the most common causes of pool leaks?
The most common causes of pool leaks can vary, but here are some of the typical culprits:
- Plumbing Leaks: Pool plumbing is susceptible to leaks, especially at connection points or due to wear and tear. This can include leaks in the pipes, valves, or fittings. If there's a significant drop in water level, plumbing leaks are often to blame.
- Pool Shell Cracks: Cracks in the pool shell can occur over time due to ground movement, settling, or shifts in the pool structure. Cracks can also result from improper installation, poor construction, or natural wear and tear. Even hairline cracks can lead to water leakage.
- Leaking Pool Equipment: Faulty or deteriorating pool equipment, such as pumps, filters, or heaters, can develop leaks and cause water loss. Inspect these components regularly for signs of leakage or water seepage.
- Skimmer Leaks: The pool skimmer is responsible for removing debris from the water's surface. If the skimmer is cracked or has faulty seals, it can allow water to escape. A visible decrease in water level near the skimmer could indicate a leak.
- Leaking Return Jets: Return jets are the fittings in the pool walls where filtered water returns. If these fittings become loose, cracked, or have worn-out gaskets, water can leak out around them.
- Tears in Vinyl Liners: Vinyl-lined pools can develop tears or punctures in the liner over time, often due to sharp objects, pets, or improper maintenance. These tears can lead to leaks, and the liner may need repair or replacement.
- Evaporation: While not a direct leak, evaporation can cause water loss in pools, especially in dry and hot climates. However, it's essential to distinguish between normal evaporation and excessive water loss caused by a leak.
If you suspect a pool leak, it's recommended to consult a pool leak detection professional from American Leak Detection of New York who can perform a leak detection test to identify the exact source of the problem and recommend the appropriate repairs.
Warning Signs: How to Check for Pool Leaks
Determining the source and origin of a pool leak can be challenging.
Signs of a potential pool leak can include:
- You add water more regularly than normal
- The surrounding grass is always soggy
- Your pool or spa loses over a quarter-inch of water each day
- You spot cracks forming around the pool decking
- Your pool deck is sinking or lifting
Monitoring monthly water bills and your water meter can also be helpful strategies for detecting a pool leak. Keeping track of the money you spend can indicate an unseen issue – especially if you notice your water usage drastically increasing for no apparent reason.
Don’t panic if you suspect a leak. Our specialists at American Leak Detection are here to help. We can detect and repair pool leaks in New York quickly and cost-effectively.
Book a Pool Leak Test Today
Our experts rely on industry-best tools and techniques to locate hard-to-reach pool leaks. We are backed by over 40 years of experience and unrivaled resources. We utilize highly advanced, non-invasive technologies to find the precise location of pool, spa, or fountain leaks. Our specialists can perform pressure tests, implement underwater cameras, and so much more!
We are your local experts in inground pool leak detection.
An untreated leak will compromise your pool’s structure over time. This is why it is essential to take a proactive stance by hiring accurate pool and spa leak detection services in New York. We have the knowledge and experience to provide you with peace of mind by identifying and treating pool leaks quickly. We serve Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties.