Slab Leak Detection in Jackson
Fast & Accurate Plumbing Leak Detection Services
Your home’s slab is a single concrete base under your home. While other components are added to the slab to support your home, it’s crucial in anchoring your home, its exterior walls, and interior supports.
Because of the direct connection to your home, any suspected water leaks below your slab must be acted upon quickly and repaired correctly to protect your family’s safety, health, and structural integrity of your home.
Dealing with higher water bills, constant sounds of running water, cracks in the foundation, discolored flooring, damp rooms, musty smells, or a visible shift in the soil around your home? Request an inspection from the team at American Leak Detection of Jackson for help!
Why Hire A Professional for Slab Leak Detection?
Slab leak detection is a service provided by specialized plumbing professionals at American Leak Detection of Jackson to locate and identify leaks in the water supply or drainage pipes that run beneath the concrete slab foundation of a building. Slab leaks can be difficult to detect because they occur underground and can go unnoticed until they cause significant damage.
Common Signs of a Slab Leak
Slab leaks can be a homeowner's nightmare, causing extensive damage and leading to costly repairs if left unaddressed. Identifying the common signs of a slab leak in a house is crucial for timely intervention and preventing further damage.
Here are some key indicators to watch out for:
- Unexplained Increase in Water Bills: One of the first signs of a slab leak may be a sudden spike in your water bills without any apparent reason.
- Wet Spots on the Floor: If you notice unexplained wet or damp areas on your floor, especially in non-plumbing areas, it could be a sign of water seeping up from the slab.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Slab leaks create a conducive environment for mold and mildew growth, leading to a musty odor and visible patches on walls or floors.
- Low Water Pressure: Slab leaks can disrupt water flow, resulting in decreased water pressure in faucets and showers.
- Cracks in Walls or Flooring: As water from a slab leak saturates the foundation, it can cause shifts that manifest as cracks in walls, flooring, or the ceiling.
- Sound of Running Water: If you hear the sound of water running even when all taps are off, it could indicate a leak beneath the slab.
- Hot Spots on Floor: In the case of hot water line leaks, certain areas of the floor may feel unusually warm.
What Happens if a Slab Leak Goes Unnoticed?
If a slab leak goes undetected or ignored, your home can be subject to:
- Mold and mildew growth throughout wood and drywall
- Musty odors caused by prolonged exposure to water
- The foul odor of sewage if a sewer line is leaking
- Ruined flooring caused by water seeping through the foundation
A slab leak needs to be taken seriously. Sometimes, it can often be challenging to locate. But not for us! We can identify your slab leak's cause and origin using non-invasive methods.
If you suspect you may have one, play it safe and call our Jackson leak detection specialists for help! Our Jackson leak detection company is locally owned and operated, backed by America’s leader in leak detection services.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
Several things can cause slab leaks. One of the most common causes our Jackson leak detectors see is issues with home plumbing. While this may be obvious, let’s dig a little deeper. Some of the most common causes of plumbing failure and leaks under home foundations include:
- Quality of Plumbing – The type of plumbing materials used in your home’s system and quality of workmanship during installation can cause eventual slab leaks.
- Soil Shifting – Most of the time, the soil your property sits on will shift and expand, causing your entire foundation to shift. This increases stress on your pipes, bending some and weakening connections, creating the perfect conditions for slab leaks.
- Lack of Maintenance – A lack of regular plumbing maintenance can cause your plumbing system extra stress, increasing your chances of minor and major plumbing problems. By having your drains cleaned and your system inspected by professional plumbers regularly, you can reduce your chance of pipe ruptures and leaks.
Whatever the cause is, you can rest assured that our team will quickly get down to the bottom of it, using advanced equipment and decades of experience to ensure minimal impact to your home’s foundation, yard, and property. It's important to hire a professional with experience in slab leak detection to ensure accurate diagnosis and effective resolution of the problem. Slab leaks can cause significant damage if left unaddressed, so timely detection and repair are crucial to prevent further complications. American Leak Detection of Jackson is here to serve you and deliver superior service every step of the way.