Plumbing Leak Detection in Fort Worth
Professional Leak Detection Near You
No one wants to deal with a plumbing leak or worry about being made to think you’ll need to re-pipe your entire system by bringing in a plumber who may not have enough knowledge. If you suspect you have a leak and want to stay ahead of more expensive problems down the line, give American Leak Detection of Fort Worth a call. We’ll thoroughly inspect your pipes using non-invasive procedures and advanced technology to provide the most accurate solution for your situation.
Contact our Fort Worth leak detection plumbers at (817) 385-9410 or schedule an appointment online to get started. Our experts can handle any job, big or small.
Signs of a Plumbing Leak
As a homeowner or business owner, you should have access to all the information available to make the most informed decision for your property. And solutions that won’t be a massive undertaking unnecessarily. That means bringing in specialists who focus much of their work on leak detection and repair rather than a technician who only sometimes works with pipe leaks.
If you’re concerned about a potential leak, consider these questions that indicate likely signs:
- Can you hear running water when you’re positive there isn’t any currently being used?
- Are you seeing or smelling mildew or mold?
- Is your water bill spiking for seemingly no reason?
- Do you see cracks starting on your walls or floors?
- Are there discolored spots on your ceiling, walls, or floors?
- Is your water meter reading changing within a couple of hours without water running?
If there’s a leak hiding somewhere within your property, it needs to be properly handled right away. But you might not be sure where the source of the problem is. Here are some of the more common areas leaks are found:
- The slab, or foundation of your property
- The service line from your pump or meter to your property
- Interior plumbing systems such as pipes within walls, radiant floor heating, or hydronic lines
- Appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, or dishwashers
- Bathroom fixtures including showers, sinks, and toilets
DIY Leak Detecting
Before calling in specialists, there are a couple of tests you can conduct yourself to determine whether you want to move forward with a professional diagnosis.
The Bucket Test – If you’re unsure about a pool leak, this is the DIY test for you.
The Meter Test – This test is especially useful if your water bills have been increasing lately.
We also have this handy swimming pool water loss calculator you can try out. If any of these tests indicate a leak, don’t hesitate to call our team for quality inspection and efficient repairs. If the tests show that there may not be a leak but you’re feeling unsure, we are always happy to help.
What are the common causes of leaks?
- Damaged or deteriorated plumbing pipes.
- Corrosion or rust in pipes.
- Poorly installed or faulty plumbing fixtures.
- High water pressure.
- Tree root intrusion into underground pipes.
- Shifting or settling of the building's foundation.
How can leak detection help me?
- Early detection and repair of leaks can prevent costly water damage.
- It helps conserve water and reduce water bills.
- Identifying hidden leaks can prevent structural damage and mold growth.
- It provides peace of mind and ensures the integrity of your plumbing system.
What methods are used for leak detection?
- Visual inspection for visible signs of leaks.
- Acoustic leak detection using specialized equipment to detect sounds of water leaks.
- Thermal imaging to identify temperature differences caused by water leaks.
- Pressure testing to check for leaks in plumbing systems.
- Electronic leak detection using sensors to pinpoint the location of hidden leaks
For reliable Fort Worth plumbing leak detection services near you, call (817) 385-9410 or schedule an appointment online.