Plumbing Leak Detection in Fort Worth
Professional Leak Detection Near You
No one wants to deal with a plumbing leak or worry about being made to think you’ll need to re-pipe your entire system by bringing in a plumber who may not have enough knowledge. If you suspect you have a leak and want to stay ahead of more expensive problems down the line, give American Leak Detection of Fort Worth a call. We’ll thoroughly inspect your pipes using non-invasive procedures and advanced technology to provide the most accurate solution for your situation.
Signs of a Plumbing Leak
As a homeowner or business owner, you should have access to all the information available to make the most informed decision for your property. And solutions that won’t be a massive undertaking unnecessarily. That means bringing in specialists who focus much of their work on leak detection and repair rather than a technician who only sometimes works with pipe leaks.
If you’re concerned about a potential leak, consider these questions that indicate likely signs:
- Can you hear running water when you’re positive there isn’t any currently being used?
- Are you seeing or smelling mildew or mold?
- Is your water bill spiking for seemingly no reason?
- Do you see cracks starting on your walls or floors?
- Are there discolored spots on your ceiling, walls, or floors?
- Is your water meter reading changing within a couple of hours without water running?
If there’s a leak hiding somewhere within your property, it needs to be properly handled right away. But you might not be sure where the source of the problem is. Here are some of the more common areas leaks are found:
- The slab, or foundation of your property
- The service line from your pump or meter to your property
- Interior plumbing systems such as pipes within walls, radiant floor heating, or hydronic lines
- Appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, or dishwashers
- Bathroom fixtures including showers, sinks, and toilets
DIY Leak Detecting
Before calling in specialists, there are a couple of tests you can conduct yourself to determine whether you want to move forward with a professional diagnosis.
The Bucket Test – If you’re unsure about a pool leak, this is the DIY test for you.
The Meter Test – This test is especially useful if your water bills have been increasing lately.
We also have this handy swimming pool water loss calculator you can try out. If any of these tests indicate a leak, don’t hesitate to call our team for quality inspection and efficient repairs. If the tests show that there may not be a leak but you’re feeling unsure, we are always happy to help.
What are the common causes of leaks?
- Damaged or deteriorated plumbing pipes.
- Corrosion or rust in pipes.
- Poorly installed or faulty plumbing fixtures.
- High water pressure.
- Tree root intrusion into underground pipes.
- Shifting or settling of the building's foundation.
How can leak detection help me?
- Early detection and repair of leaks can prevent costly water damage.
- It helps conserve water and reduce water bills.
- Identifying hidden leaks can prevent structural damage and mold growth.
- It provides peace of mind and ensures the integrity of your plumbing system.
What methods are used for leak detection?
- Visual inspection for visible signs of leaks.
- Acoustic leak detection using specialized equipment to detect sounds of water leaks.
- Thermal imaging to identify temperature differences caused by water leaks.
- Pressure testing to check for leaks in plumbing systems.
- Electronic leak detection using sensors to pinpoint the location of hidden leaks
Fort Worth Leak Detection - FAQs
How To Tell If You Have A Water Leak Underground
Have you noticed an inexplicable increase in your water bill or a sudden wet spot in your yard? These could be signs of an underground water leak. Detecting such leaks early can save you money and prevent potential damage to your property.
Ways to find a water leak underground include:
- Check Your Water Meter: The first thing to do is check your water meter. If it's running even when all the water sources in your home are turned off, there might be a leak.
- Look for Signs: Wet spots, patches of greener grass, or a hissing sound from the ground may indicate a leak.
- Use Leak Detection Equipment: Professional leak detection tools like acoustic detectors, infrared thermometers, or ground penetrating radar can help locate the leak.
- Hire a Professional: If you're unable to find the leak yourself, consider hiring a professional plumber who specializes in leak detection.
Prevent a minor underground water leak from escalating into a major issue. Looking for professional assistance? Get in touch with American Leak Detection of Fort Worth. We offer leak detection and repair services. Reach out now to book an appointment and guarantee the optimal condition of your water systems!
Underground Water Leak Warning Signs
Underground water leaks can be damaging and costly if not detected early. They can lead to increased water bills, damage the foundation of your house, and even cause sinkholes in severe cases.
Knowing these warning signs of an underground water leak can help you prevent these potential problems:
- Increased Water Bills: An unexplained increase in your water bills could be a sign of a hidden leak.
- Wet Spots in Your Yard: If you notice wet or unusually lush spots in your yard, it might be due to an underground water leak.
- Low Water Pressure: A sudden decrease in water pressure can indicate a leak in your water line.
- Sound of Running Water: If you hear the sound of running water when all faucets are off, there could be a leak.
- Cracks in Foundation or Walls: Water leaks can cause your home's foundation to shift, leading to noticeable cracks.
Don't ignore these warning signs of an underground water leak. Take action immediately by turning off your water supply and contacting our professional leak detection plumbers!