Fort Worth Slab Leak Repair
Slab repair Experts Near You
After our highly trained technicians from American Leak Detection of Fort Worth detect a slab leak under your property, there is no time to lose to get it repaired. Thankfully, you don’t need to search again for a slab leak repair company because we can handle all the repairs for you. We always prioritize your satisfaction, which means considering cost-effective methods, not just whatever is the most expensive.
It is our mission to make certain your home or business is resting on a reliable foundation. We don’t settle for anything other than a job done completely and correctly!
To schedule a slab leak repair or detection service in Fort Worth, dial (817) 385-9410.
What Causes a Slab Leak?
There are typically two types of slab leaks:
- Waterline leak: If a water line under your home breaks or becomes loose, it can start steadily or rapidly leaking water. Since it is down under your home and the foundation, you will not know about the problem right away. A hint that something is wrong is if your water bill spikes enormously.
- Sewer line leak: If a sewer line under your home becomes damaged, it can start to spill hazardous wastewater into the soil and foundation. Sewer line slab leaks are usually slower than a waterline slab leak because it only leaks when you flush or wash wastewater away, but it is still a huge problem. If you smell foul odors around your home that can’t be explained, then it could be a slab leak.
Why the waterlines and sewer lines under your home break or start leaking will vary from situation to situation, though. In some cases, old pipes can become corroded to the point that they leak water. For homes on unstable land, a shift in the soil can snap the pipes under your slab foundation. Even a cold snap that affects Fort Worth could freeze the soil and the pipes in the ground, causing them to burst as frozen water expands into ice.
How Dangerous is a Slab Leak?
No matter what type of slab leak is under your home and regardless of what caused it, there remains a common thread: it is a problem. Slab leaks of any sort can wreak havoc to your home and possibly put your family in danger.
Three of the worst consequences caused by a slab leak are:
- Structural integrity loss: The foundation under your home is there to keep your house steady and level through all seasons. A slab leak will inundate the concrete slab to the point that it can erode it or make it porous. The weakened slab can start to crumble, which may cause your home to shake, tilt, or collapse in extreme circumstances. Slab leaks can also soak into the woodwork of your home, weakening the structural integrity by making the wood soft and flexible.
- Water damage: Other than causing damage to your home’s woodwork and foundation, a slab leak can cause widespread water damage throughout the first floor of your home. Water that soaks into the foundation can reach the carpeting and cause dangerous mold growth. It can warp wood flooring and warp walls, too.
- Water utility issues: An unchecked slab leak will increase your monthly water bills drastically. At a certain point, your local water utility company will likely shut your access to the water main off at your property if they see you are using an exorbitant amount of water. Getting a slab leak repair from American Leak Detection of Fort Worth is a service that pays for itself by preventing extreme water bills and avoiding the inconvenience of losing access to municipal water sources.
Repairing a Slab Leak Correctly & Affordably
The key to an effective slab leak repair is the knowledge and experience of the team you hire to handle the job. A rookie slab repair technician might try to tear up the entire first floor of your home to repair the slab leak. But choosing our Fort Worth slab leak repair technicians will connect you with professionals who know what they are doing, what to look for, and what to do to repair a slab leak with minimal disruption to your home.
Some jobs will require us to repair only the damaged section of your waterline or sewer line. Other projects may require more extensive repiping when the damage is also extensive. The goal is to plan for a repair that will last but that also gets you the service you need without tacked on upsells.
If you are worried about the cost of slab repairs, you should know that most homeowners’ insurance policies will help pay for the service. We would be happy to help you figure out if your insurance policy will apply for your slab leak repairs.
Get more information about slab leak repair services in Fort Worth. Call American Leak Detection at (817) 385-9410 at any time.